Sunday 2 May 2010

SERBIA

THEY ARE:
A nation only founded in 2006.

AS A FOOTBALL NATION:
Traditionally they appeared in World Cups as part of Yugoslavia and as Serbia-Montenegro in the 2006 World Cup.

MY OWN EXPERIENCE:
What happened to Montenegro? Best not go there.

IN 2010:
It sounds like people genuinely regard Serbia as dark horses for this tournament and generally there is a tradition/history of mysterious Eastern Bloc teams cause upsets and problems for teams (I am thinking Croatia).

FAMOUS PLAYERS:
Vidic off Manchester United.

MOST OBVIOUS REFERENCE:
Raspberries.

AWAY FROM FOOTBALL:
Serb patriot Gavrilo Princip gunned down Franz Ferdinand in Sarajevo. Sadly not the band. This act started World War I.

NUMBER OF PEOPLE FROM SERBIA THAT I KNOW:
I might work with one or two but I can’t be sure on that.

QUOTE FROM A SERBIAN:
Not likely.

DO I LIKE THEM:
Definite darkhorses. Rather than like them, I am wary of them.

FINAL COMMENT:
I don’t know.

No comments:

Post a Comment